Fall is here and Nike is ready to help you face the falling temps with hot new pieces from their late fall/holiday collection. Gone from their tennis collection are the bright hues of summer, replaced by deep rich reds, pops of green and the entire spectrum of gray. You favorite pieces get some mini-makeovers, some with minor adjustments to fabric content for climate changes, some with a fresh new stripe or two, and some with a new pattern altogether. All of the pieces offer Nike Dri-FIT fabrication that’s the ultimate moisture management system, wicking away sweat to the fabric surface and away from your skin so you stay fresh-feeling for all day play. In case you weren’t sure where to start with the new pieces, we’ve done some pre-shopping to bring you our top 5 faves from the new line.
1. The all-in-one skapri is a relatively new addition to the world of fashion but Nike already knows how to do it right. A traditional skirt gets a fun and edgy look with the attached capri in contrasting color with a cool print. The piece is available in multiple colors and looks great paired with our all-time favorite Nike top: the Wool Half Zip Tennis Top that’s the wildly popular Half Zip Top with a little extra warmth for the cooler months. While some of us like to go loud and express ourselves through our shoe choices, we’ve paired the set here with the Air Max Cage Court Tennis Shoe that pulls the entire look together with a more traditional color combination applied to a contemporary design.
2. We Googled Dusty Cactus but came up blank outside of Nike’s new pieces. What does that mean for you? Unique on-court style that you won’t see anywhere else! The Pure Tank Top is popular with players for its modern cut and four-way stretch while the Court Skirt gives off a sporty vibe with its contrasting horizontal stripe, shown here in the gray and dusty cactus color combination. Together these high performance pieces are sure to draw compliments as you draw the W’s! If you’ve not tried the Lunar Ballistecs – shown here in coordinating colors – you should check out the customer feedback for these babies on our website! Don’t forget some of the most important pieces in your tennis wardrobe, like sports bras. The Favorites Bra here is exactly as the name implies: our favorite! It’s not too constricting, yet even with thinner straps offers exceptional support.
3. If you like to build a wardrobe of basic neutrals and then pop your ensembles with shots of color you’re going to love look number 3! The cool gray combo of the Woven Pant and Woven Full Zip Jacket is great for keeping you covered on the court or just on the go. Details like a wide, tilted waistband enhance overall comfort by preventing chafing or other skin irritation. We’ve shown the set here with the Premier Maria Tank in ivory that you’ll be seeing on the likes of Maria Sharapova as she plays through 2014, and topped it off with the Featherlight 2.0 Cap that plays off the contrasting Swoosh. The silver and volt combo of the new Court Tech 1 Bag really complements the overall ensemble and is one of the most well-designed bags we carry, with multiple organizational compartments and plenty of storage space.
4. If the skapri was a bit too much coverage and the skirt wasn’t quite enough, the Capri Tennis Tight will be just right. Shown here in the Dusty Cactus that’s so prominent this season, this capri fits like a second skin for exceptional natural movement plus features finishing touches such as an inverted ball pocket for convenience and grommets at the calves for increased air flow in high heat zones. The TNNS Tank is another favorite here among the staff thanks to its longer length and graphic that will never go out of style. Play around with a pop of color underneath with the Advantage Solid Tank and you’ve just created added visual interest without sacrificing your ability to make your moves during matches. If it’s too cold for tanks where you live, you can always grab the Pullover Sweater that Eugenie Bouchard will also be grabbing and she finishes out the year. We love how the sweater is light without being too light, but also has a weave that allows for air flow so you stay warm without overheating. By the way, did you know that Nike designs sunglasses as well? You know now! Treat yourself to their shades that offer protection against the sun plus provide stabilized optics, meaning they won’t be sliding around your face as you chase the fuzzy yellow ball.
5. Did you know that Tennis Express also carries Nike Training apparel and running shoes? There’s always a buzz of excitement in the office when we’re expecting new colors of the Nike Tempo Running Short and this season is no exception! The short features a mesh built-in brief that allows for optimal ventilation during training sessions and is cut a big longer in the back which is great for those of us who prefer a bit more coverage on the backside. A simple elastic waist with drawcord closure is the ultimate in comfort while mesh insets on the sides keep you that much cooler plus stretch for great range of motion. There are a number of options to choose from for tops, but the Miler Short Sleeve and Long Sleeve Tops are simply wardrobe staples. They wash up like new each time and are incomparable for comfort. Throw the Element Thermal Full Zip Jacket over the outfit with its body-skimming fit that keeps you warm and toasty and full zip front that allows you to make quick and easy adjustments as the temperatures change.
You can find the entire new collection of Nike for women right now by clicking here! Remember: orders over $75 ship for F-R-E-E free! Find your look now online, or ask our live chat associates for help you find which pieces will best suit your needs – we’re here to help!